Monday, May 2, 2011

Epic Times...

We are living in epic times. As I 'boom boom powed' my term projects preparing for my summer, 2 REALLY BIG events have dominated the media waves. And they seem to be all in the dark hours of the night.

1.) Royal Wedding of Prince William and Katie Middleton. The whole ceremony was precious and romantic. Two kisses on the balcony was simply ♥. I am very happy for them and the memories of Princess Diana kept hovering around my head. I was a young boy [around 11] when her Paris-crash happened. Personally, I feel that today's joyous celebrations somehow ended what began 14 years ago and opened a new chapter in the British Royal Family. 

2.) Death of Osama Bin Laden by US Military. I was in the Texas Tech library basement around 10:15 pm when my Facebook simply flooded with EVERY status update being about Osama Bin Laden's death. Divine Justice has been served. God Bless America. God Bless the World.

The best way to sum it up: "A common girl marries her Prince in a fairy-tale wedding (watched by 2 billion ppl). The bad guy is dead. It's a real Disney weekend here on Earth!!"

2 comments:

  1. Loved the last sentence..! Felt I am living on the moon.. Life of pi style
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey... I haven't watched "The Life of Pi" yet... Was it good?

      Delete