Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ideal Academic Environment

What is your style of academic learning? Is there a particular environment that is conducive to you?

I see a lot of my friends studying in the library of my University campus [Texas Tech University - http://www.ttu.edu/]. Others choose to lock themselves up in their bedroom and turn their table-lamp on until the paper is completed.

For me, it's neither.

I try not to follow a set pattern for my academics. [I am currently pursuing a Graduate Degree in Engineering]. I like to develop my own "jutsu" or technique that is custom-tailored to meet the objectives of the assignment. This involves extensive planning before even starting the assignment. And planning involves  the mind. Attaining efficiency while studying is a big priority for me.

What this means to me is that it's really more about the mind and NOT the place. The ideal academic environment for me starts mentally and then translates onto a physical space wherever I happen to be.

What about you?

.[Money].

No comments:

Post a Comment